Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Design of the Week - "Staircases"

As of today, I am starting a new weekly blog post... So every week I will be choosing a design that I personally really enjoy in hopes its something that you really enjoy as well.
To start things off right this week.. I have been in search of something we don't normally think of when we think of design... something we take for granted all of the time.. Something that we see in homes every ware... And that is Stair-cases. 
Stair-cases are something that I feel can be a beautiful aspect to a house. It can be the central focal point of a house as well.. Here are some really awesome designs that I found of Stair cases.... ENJOY!



















2 comments:

  1. It is amazing the things people don't notice or bypass about the architecture for a building. There is an artist called Donald Judd that reminded me of those last few pics.
    I would like to know more about the more unique staircases that you have shown. Where are they from? who designed them? What materials were used, some look wooden, some look like steel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second and fourth staircase are my favorite. I also thought the staircase that kind of looked like bookshelves was clever. This reminds me of the time I went started looking for apartments for next year and my roommates and I went to this really nice new apartment complex in Daly City and the designs of the condos/apartments were very modern which I liked however, i felt like the staircase was too modern and not what I was used to. I felt like I was going to fall down or break something. I like modern designs but I think that I am more comfortable with a homey feel to a house, kind of like the second picture.

    ReplyDelete