Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Dream Job...

So the other day as I was sitting in class..... Jennifer my English 214 instructor asked us ... "What is your dream job?".  
Right after I heard that, I knew I found my next Blog Post. 


Ever since we were kids we have always been asked- "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Of corse we always say things like ... a Police officer, a Figher-fighter, an actress, President, an astronaut, and what ever sounded like a good idea at the time.  haha .... But not me! When I was at my kindergarten graduation.. we were assigned to get up in front of the school and state what we wanted to be when we grew up. So as I went up to the mic I immediately stated... "When I grow up, I want to be an Office" .... What?! haha For the longest time I never got why I said that... but now.. It all makes sense. 

I want to be the designer for that office/building...


To be honest... as of right now I have a few dream jobs that I have my eye on. 


1. Ever since high school my dream job has been to design celebrity's houses. In high school my favorite show was "MTV Cribs" ... so as already inspiring to be a designer, I thought designing celebrity's residential houses would be the perfect match for my dream job.  


Gwen Stefanie's House in Beverly Hills


Mariah Carey's House 


2. Now that I have been in the field of interior design and have experienced an internship in corporate design; I have now grown a strong passion for designing corporate offices.  I love the fact that you can create someone's work place and turn it into a playful and beautiful working environment... making work that much more inviting. 


3. Another field that I have grown intense interest in within the last few months has been hospitality design. Since I have been to vegas for the first time this last summer, I got to see  hotel design at it's finest. I love that you can take a building and turn it into someone's "Escape". I want to create luxurious designs for those who may never experience luxurious living consistently.  I feel that it is a very interesting field, and Im excited to look deeper into it. 


2 comments:

  1. I remember saying I wanted to be an interior designer when I was in elementary school! But that definitely changed. I am sure you will have your dream job one day you seem very passionate about this field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. hdb contractor homepage

    ReplyDelete