Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hospitality Design


HOSPITALITY DESIGN

The design of Restaurants, Spa’s, Hotels, and Bars are the foundation for hospitality design. 
            Today I wanted to talk a little about hospitality design. A lot of people today aren’t really familiar with the aspects of Hospitality design.  What I personally love about the contents of hospitality design is the fact that it’s a luxury based design process, providing for your wants rather to your needs as a visitor.   I know when I go to different hotels and restaurants I fall in love all of the time with different designs. Some of the designs for hotels are absolutely amazing. One place that I feel really focuses on this idea of "extravagance" of their hotels is Vegas.  Vegas are on purposely designed to make you turn and say “wow”.  Design to impress.  The idea of luxury is their other main focus. Designers want you to feel as if you are important, or belong in the luxury space. They want to evoke a feeling of luxury, importance, wealth, and royalty. I mean honestly, who doesn't want to feel as if they are important. If an environment could make you feel that way then what better way is there without actually obtaining that social view. 
            I found this really awesome website on some projects of spa’s, hotels, and restaurants by a company named Hirsch Bedner Associates. I thought it would be great for you guys to look at and explore. ENJOY! 






No comments:

Post a Comment