Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Residential Design

 RESIDENTIAL DESIGN 
So today as I am sitting here in my room... I am inspired to talk about Residential design with all of you today.  As I first begin to think about what was the first spark that lit my passion for interior design... I found it started "my room". 


HEre is my Room today. Located in Daly City. 



Ever since I was a girl at the age of 7 I have always been changing, rearranging, and adding furniture/color to my room. What’s funny to think about is that when I was little, I always got in trouble with my mom and dad, because I was always rearranging the living room furniture, their bedroom furniture, and my brothers room. I don't know why but it was one of the my favorite things to do as a kid... "Getting yelled at for changing My parents arrangements." haha 
Residential Design currently means the design and decor of interior spaces within your home. Anything that has to deal with your home and its interior design, it lies under the category of Residential Design. 

Well when we talk about residential design today, we are referring to a number of different features including the many types of any décor. These features include factors such as lighting, furniture, all types of textiles, Paint, Colors in general, and wall décor.  When all of these factors are blended perfectly together to produce a harmonized and synchronized result we are blessed with an enjoyable interior environment.

The very first key into creating this beautifully harmonized space the first concept that needs to be put into play is space planning.  
It is very imperative for every space in your residence to have a purpose and a plan. The space needs to make sense to the function of the room. For example, when space planning for a family living room, you must first think about what is needed in the space.
Family Living Room may require:
  • -  Television
  • -  Couches
  • -  Telephone
  • -  Coffee and End Tables
  • -  Entertainment Set


Then you must consider how many people it may be concerning. Think about seating and the flow of the room. When placing the placement for the couches we need to think about the flow and create distinctive exit ways.  You do this by creating walkways with the couches and coffee tables or other furniture that is needed within the space.

Once you feel that the space flow of the room is created to the expectations that you require then you get to think about the final décor of the room… The Theme you want to achieve… The Color that described the room… and much more.  But when it comes to the first step of creating your residential space… Space planning is the First step in all.   


One good tool to help you start with space planning is something that we call “Bubble Diagrams”.  A Bubble diagram is a tool that Interior Designers use today to achieve the space and flow of a room.  You basically are taking your space on a piece of a paper and using bubble furniture to place them within the space. Here is a good example of a Bubble Diagram…..




3 comments:

  1. Before I read this post I was just looking at the pictures and the first picture that caught my eye was your bedroom! I like the draping on your ceiling, I really wan to try it out! If I had the money I probably would be changing and repainting my room all the time. That bubble diagram is a good idea, I might have to do that next year when I move into a house and I want to decorate my room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Thanks! Im really glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! That is quite appreciated. I hope you’ll get more success.architects Reading

    ReplyDelete